Occupational Therapy Services supports students with their "occupations." This includes the things that students need, want, or are expected to do and encompasses tasks ranging from doing school work to participating in leisure activities. We believe taking care of yourself is a balance between your physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being and having good balance in your life will facilitate your success at Caltech and your endeavors after graduation.
If you're looking to make a healthier lifestyle change, then we're your resource!
Occupational Therapy Services uses a collaborative approach to help address your concerns, using a holistic lens that considers a student’s social, academic, and other contexts. Occupational therapy examines roles, habits, routines, values, and the environment around you, in order to meet your individualized needs.By its nature, occupational therapy's scope is broad, but the most common topics students address include:
- Academics: time management, planning and organization, setting SMART goals, improving focus, productivity, work-life balance
- Physical Health: healthy eating, weight management, exercise routines, chronic pain, ergonomics, energy conservation
- Mental Health: morning and nighttime routines, managing stress and anxiety, functioning with non-visible disabilities (ADHD, depression, etc.), exploring values and goals
- Life Coaching: motivation, decision-making, leisure activities and self-care, problem-solving, accountability
- Transitions: adjusting to campus life, post-graduation plans, changes in roles or expectations
Our current services include:
- Individual occupational therapy
- Occupational therapy consultations
- Primary care consultations
- Workshops and groups